There are a few items that I used daily for snacks, and some ingredients that are always in my personal favorite recipes.
- Eggs – used in omelets, portable bowls with scrambled eggs/cheese/sausage patty (for work), low carb pizza crust, etc.
- Bacon – do I need a reason? breakfast, salad garnish, burger topper, BLT’s without the bread (great in a bowl)
- Cream cheese – dozens of recipes, pizza crusts, desserts; I also like to put a tbsp in a low-carb tortilla with a few jalapenos and heat
- Shredded cheese – this goes on everything – taco meat without shells, made into tortilla chips in the microwave, salad toppers, low-carb pizza and enchiladas
- Lots of romaine and spinach – fill up on the green veggies
- EZ-Sweetz liquid sweetener – a couple of drops in fake chocolate mousse and many other recipes. This one is the most natural and easiest to use.
- Cauliflower – fresh or frozen bags – eat by itself, tossed in olive oil and baked, mashed in fake potatoes, chopped/shredded and used as rice under main dishes, and much more
- Large bag of frozen chicken tenders – thaw quickly and grill, saute, mix with veggies and top with garlic sauce in a low carb flatbread, Chicken piccata, chicken alfredo, chicken tacos
- Ground beef or hamburger – make a big burger and top with all sorts of things from cheese, to sauteed mushrooms, to grilled onions. Or crumble and cook with taco seasoning, throw in a dish with lettuce, avocado, cheese, sour cream (just leave off the tortilla – or make the fake cheese tortillas out of provolone cheese!)
- Almonds (plain or flavored) – these are my go-to snack. Be sure to count them, because the carbs DO add up. Flavors include habanero, coconut, salt and vinegar and more.
Now that I’ve made the list, I think there may be 20 important ingredients, but it all depends on what you discover to be your favorite keto recipes and snacks.