Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
The result was pretty good. I ate about half of them as a meal, but they would probably make a better appetizer. The pizza cups with the jalapenos were a bit too salty when combined with the pepperoni. You may want to try experimenting with toppings.
- 24 pieces of pepperoni – 0 carbs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese – 3.5 grams carbs
- 1/4 onion – chopped – 2.5 grams carbs
- 1/2 red or green pepper – chopped – 3 grams carbs
- 1 tbsp pizza seasoning – 0 carbs
- 10 slices jalapeno pepper slices (optional) – ~1.5 grams carbs
- Put one piece of pepperoni in the bottom of each muffin slot.
- Top each with an equal amount of mozzarella.
- Sprinkled them with pizza seasoning.
- Sprinkle on onion and pepper.
- You can sprinkle on jalapeno slices now, but I thought they made the pizza cups a bit salty. You may want to try it on only a few.
- Bake them at 350 for 15 minutes.
They were tasty, and they were cute little cups.
Makes 24 pizza cups. Total recipe = 10.5 grams carbs.
Approximately 6 pizza cups equals a serving or 2.5 grams carbs.